Monday, 7 June 2010

In my spare time...

Well, hello all. I have not been very sucessful in my campaign to take a bunch of photos of the things/places in my life and post them! Part of the problem is our small digital camera is on the blink, so all we have is our big digital camera, which is new, and I am scared to take it out incase I break it. It is silly really, we even got insurance on it, but I am still weary. I will get over this, and I will take more photos!!

Below are some photos of our allotment at work and of the building I work in. The building complex I work in used to be an old farm steading, but was converted into offices aroud 10-15 years ago. The allotment is behind our building, and is in an unused field. I think the landlord was happy for someone to get some use out of the field.

At the moment, we are growing rhubarb, potatoes, carrots, broad beans, salads, and 3 different berry bushes. When I say 'we' I mean the others planted the food, and I just play groundskeeper! I did create the small flower and herb garden around the benches, and I have put a bunch of slate under the one bench to keep the stinging nettles from growing under it (not much fun to sit on, let me tell you!)

This in the building I work in- it used to be the grain storage


This is the seating area- great for eating lunch and reading a book!


This is half of the allotment


The potatoes are on the right, and the rhubarb is on the left




These are some sweet little flowers I am growing. All organic of course!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great pictures! I love it!

By the way -- the word that just came up on your "word verification" was "bless." So -- bless!