Thursday, 22 March 2012

Gazing into the past

Awww. Juno was so tiny once! I look back on these photos with bittersweet memories. The first 3 months of Juno's life were really tough for me. Juno (and I) had quite a few feeding problems, but the real difficulty for me was the fact that I had problems bonding with Juno. I did feel affection for her, but she just did not feel like she was my child. This was very upsetting for me, and it made all the other challenges a baby brings even harder to deal with.

This is not an uncommon problem, however, no one seems to talk about it. It almost seems taboo. Some people overcome this problem quite quickly, almost wake up one day and feel the overwhelming love for their baby. For others, like myself, it is a slow buildup of emotions. It was not until Juno was about 5 months old that I felt this overwhelming love and warmth for our little monkey. I would never wish bonding problems on anyone, but it has made me so thankful for my love and feelings for Juno, and I think I will never take it for granted. Now, everytime I am with Juno, my heart soars with love and pride, and I love every minute of it.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they grow sooooo fast!

meema